“How The Grinch Stole Christmas” is my favorite Christmas movie! I love the animated version, but the live-action version with Jim Carrey is just as good! There was a lot that happened while filming the live-action Grinch and the amount of work that went into the movie paid off! Read these 16 details about “How The Grinch Stole Christmas” that you have probably never heard before:
1. The original storybook Grinch was black and white with pink eyes.
2. Eddie Murphy and Jack Nicholson were both considered for the role of the Grinch.
3. Jim Carrey spent a total of 92 days in the Grinch makeup.
4. Not since 1939’s The Wizard of Oz had so many characters in a film, including extras, worn such heavy stage makeup.
5. Tim Burton was almost the director of the movie.
6. The prosthetic makeup Jim Carrey wore was almost unbearable to stay in all day.
7. The yellow contacts Carrey had to wear were just as uncomfortable.
8. It took more than 1,000 man hours to apply makeup to the actors.
9. Jim Carrey sang his own version of the Grinch’s theme song for the film.
10. The lyrics to the song “Fahoo Foraze” were made to imitate classical Latin.
11. Jim Carrey pulled a prank on tourists on the Universal Studios backlot during filming. 12. Actors who played Whos had to go to Who School.
13. Cindy Lou Who is played by Gossip Girl‘s Taylor Momsen.
14. The movie included a lot of Cirque du Soleil performers for the acrobatic stunts.
15. Anthony Hopkins, the narrator of the film, recorded all of the narration in one day.
16. One morning, director Ron Howard came in at 3:30 AM to put on the Grinch suit with full makeup.
⭐️Singer/Songwriter/Voice Talent/Actor/Media Personality⭐️
Born in Syracuse, NY. He holds a bachelor of science degree in communication from Florida Institute of Technology with specialization in technical writing, business, public relations, marketing, media, promotion, and aerospace engineering.
⭐️ Las Vegas Entertainer ⭐️ MTV uplaya Platinum Auddy Award Winner ⭐️ Southeastern FTTF Talent Champion ⭐️ Movies & TV ⭐️ Listed in ‘Who’s Who’ publication ⭐️ Voted ‘MOST MARKETABLE’: Sonic Records ⭐️ U.S. Veteran ⭐️